Friday, April 27, 2007

Update on Savannah

We just wanted to let everybody know how things are going with Savannah's foot. She got her cast off for good this past Thursday and got the brace put on. She didn't mind having the cast on at all, but she's making it very clear that she is NOT HAPPY with this new brace. I think it's really frustrating for her because when she had the cast on she could still move both of her legs, but now she can hardly move them at all, and if she does...she has to move them together! It's frustrating for me because she's been crying a lot when her foot comes out of the shoe and I have to put it back on. Poor kid, I love her so much, but like my sister says...there is nothing harder to deal with all day than a whiny kid! Hopefully it will get better and if not, I'm going to beg the doctor to put a cast back on!! :) Here's an up-close picture of what it looks like.
Today we still played like we normally do! It was a little chilly outside and overcast. We're supposed to get rain tonight. I heard on the weather forecast that next week it's supposed to hit 90 degrees! Whew! Better get some popsicles! :) These 3 pics are of Savannah...Jeremy was laughing at the last one when he saw it today...she's SO miserable!

Hannah doesn't seem to care at all about what's going on with her sister! She's been eating, playing and sleeping normally...even though Savannah wakes up crying throughout the night. They have both been eating like crazy and they pretty much like everything I've been giving them...we try to do the cereal more than other foods so they get enough iron, but they really like peas, squash, applesauce, and pears. Hannah always notices if I'm eating something...it cracks me up! She just stares at me like "Whoa! She eats too!" Then her little tongue starts going...it's so cute! These last 3 pics are of Hannah playing today.







1 comment:

  1. WOW! The girls are getting so big!! How's Savannah adjusting to the brace? I can only imagine how it must annoy her to not be able to move her legs! Poor girl! Hope these 3 months pass quickly for her AND YOU!

    ReplyDelete