Today was another VERY busy day. It's 12:54 a.m. and I'm just now sitting down to write this!! Today was my only day off this week and it just happened to fall on "grocery" day. (Not fun!) We made it fun, though because Jeremy and the girls came along with me to the Commisary. It was the first time we've done that and it was really fun - each of us with a baby in our cart. We got a lot more done in less time, too! (Somehow I don't think we'll make a habit of it, though...Jeremy is not too fond of the grocery store!) :)
My job is going very well...I've had to work a few more hours than I expected, but I think sometimes it's better to just throw yourself into something and learn everything you can as quickly as you can! :) I really enjoy the people I work with and it's always fun to see the mom's shopping with their little ones. And don't get me started on all the cute things I want to buy for Hannah & Savannah!...it's ridiculous!! :0)
The girls have not been sleeping well the past few nights. Last night I was up every 2 hours with BOTH of them...I think it was mostly Hannah who was restless and I'm assuming it's her teeth coming in. It made for a hard day today though, so I went back to bed right along with them this morning!! Hannah is really starting to come out of her shell. For the most part Savannah has been the "outgoing" one, but Hannah seems to be changing a little more every day as far as that goes. She babbles on and on lately and loves to drink out of her sippy cup now...we're trying to get her to start eating more "grown up" foods, like rice, bread, or just getting her to taste whatever we seem to be eating for dinner, but she's not real fond of that idea still...I guess she'll come around with time. She's also started a "tradition" with Daddy at night because she's figured out that if she cries he'll come get her and she gets to watch tv with him for awhile. Savannah usually goes right to sleep, but not Hannah...she's our little tv addict!!
Savannah has been eating great for us...downing anything and EVERYTHING she can her hands on (usually whatever Jeremy and I have on our plates)! She absolutely LOVES Italian ice and ice cream. I didn't think she'd care for the coldness of it, but she eats it right up!! :) I gave her a bowl with some rice in it last night for the first time and while she wanted very badly to eat it, she didn't want to touch it...so she picked the bowl up and brought it up to her mouth and tried to get some out with her tongue!:P It was pretty entertaining for Jeremy and me to watch. Jeremy called me last night at work to say she stood up for the first time in her crib!! I was so excited but sad at the same time cuz I missed it...she did it for him today too when I was at the store. Haven't seen it yet, but I'll catch her doing it one of these days!! Savannah is also very insistant that she hold her own bottle now. This just started yesterday morning. It's so funny how quickly they change and form opinions about things!! :)
Jeremy is super excited cuz his two online classes will officially start on Monday. He's a little overwhelmed with how much reading he'll have to do, but he started a few days ago so hopefully he'll get a good headstart. I know he's gonna do great and we're hoping to set aside some time every week where I can help him study. It brings back a lot of memories of how we used to study together in college...I don't think we got much done back then, though!! We were too busy staring at each other!
Well...guess I better be off to bed now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am hoping to get outside with the girls since the weather is finally starting to get a little cooler! (Sorry no pics...I'll post some hopefully tomorrow!) Night! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment