Well, yesterday was "picture day" for Hannah & Savannah. We planned on taking the girls to The Picture People to get their 1 year photo's done, and we were pretty excited about it since they are known for doing an awesome job!
We got up and did our normal routine - breakfast, baths, playing...and then as Mommy was getting outfits ready and packing the diaper bag I noticed something really bad!...WE WERE MISSING A SHOE!! Friday night we took the girls shopping and their shoes just kept coming off! I often do a "shoe-check" as we leave every store and I was POSITIVE we made it home with 4 shoes. SO WHERE COULD THAT SHOE BE? Under the couch?...nope. In the diaper bag?...nope. In the car?...nope. ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! Well, after a mad search we figured they'd be just as cute without the shoes, besides, we didn't have time to keep looking. Well, it doesn't end there...it gets worse!!! Right before we left, while Jeremy and I were finishing up discussing what the plan was for the day, Savannah thought it would be a good idea to "tickle" Hannah's face (a.k.a. SCRATCHING!). Jeremy and I just caught the tail end of it and believe me...it was a painful sight! Poor Hannah had 6 (yes, I counted them!) BIG scratches on her face, 2 of which were actually bleeding!!! She cried so hard I was afraid she couldn't breathe! So...after we finally calmed her down, we got out my foundation and tried to salvage the poor kids face!!!
We got to the studio right on time and the girls were doing fine, but the place was packed with people and kids running everywhere. I think the girls were a little intimidated. The photographer called us back into our room, and after about 10 minutes of crying, we decided to reschedule their pictures. Yes, it was THAT bad!! Jeremy and I were very disappointed to say the least.
We spent some time at the mall after that, just browsing and looking for baby shoes. :) We finally bought some, and wouldn't you know...Jeremy took the trash out later tonight, and as he was coming back into our parking lot he noticed the missing shoe under someone's car!! It really was a day!
Anyway, if you think of it, please pray for Hannah...and not just for her face! She's had a pretty bad cold the past few days- coughing and a runny nose, and has been miserable. Savannie seems okay...she's walking very well now and into everything! People told me when they were smaller that I'd soon have days when I feel like all I say is "NO!". Well...those days are here! Savannah is definitely not a boring kid! Neither is our sweet little Hannah. They just get cuter and more fun every day! :)
Well...for those of you STILL waiting for a 1-year picture of the girls, they're coming soon!! I will be posting some b-day pictures soon, too. Have a good weekend everybody!
Oh, Heidi!! I feel your pain! Sorry the pictures didn't happen...they will, eventually! lol! I was a wreck just trying to make Megan happy for her pictures...I'm dreading next year when I have 2! Look forward to seeing the pictures...when they DO happen! :-)
ReplyDelete