Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New news :)

We're finally over the stomach flu, praise the Lord!!! I seriously think that was the worst experience I've had with my kids since they were born. They've had colds, but nothing like this. I feel bad for people who've got four or five kids throwing up at the same time! Holy guacamole!!! :P

Jeremy got his blood test results, and they were fine, but they only did half the test! So...he has to have more blood drawn. I'm sure he's looking forward to that. :) We'll post the results from that test as soon as we know.

Some more news to share...I'm sad to say I will no longer be at my job after next week. I've been running into some issues with our office manager...I won't go into detail, but some not-so-good things...and after talking with Jeremy for a good while tonight, we decided that it would be best for me to be back home full-time. I'm going to be giving them my notice tomorrow. I think I'm mostly sad because not only do I enjoy being able to help Jeremy with our finances, but I was so excited about this job. It's been exactly what I've been looking for for a while. Some things happened tonight, though and Jeremy just really feels that this is best...especially since he's starting more classes this semester. He's got enough on his plate being Dad without having to be Mom, too! :) So, anyway...pray for us. We're trying to make our family our number one priority and praying that God will meet our needs. We know He will...He already has above and beyond in so many areas. Jeremy was commenting to me a few weeks ago that sometimes we forget that we should pray specifically for things instead of just saying, "Okay, God...please provide for us all the things we need in general." Why can't we pray, "Lord, I need $20 for a haircut...please provide that money."...or whatever the specific need is? The Bible says in James 4:2 that "ye have not, because ye ask not". A very sobering thought, isn't it? I wonder how many things we do without and blessings we miss because we simply don't take the time to ask.

Like I mentioned earlier, the girls are doing better, but we've been noticing some attitudes that are a little frightening lately!
(They are strong-willed like their Daddy!) :) Just kidding. I think they do get it from me...unfortunately! :P We had to set up one of the port-a-cribs in the livingroom to use as a time-out. Spankings seem to not be working so well...maybe it's all the padding on the tooshies??? :P I'll never forget hearing Dave Young preach down at PCC. He said that as Christian parents one of our most important goals in life is to see that we raise OBEDIENT children. It sounds so easy, but in reality we are fighting that battle everyday. (at least I am!) But we do it because we love them. And boy, do we ever!! :) We are excited about this new year and seeing what's in store for our family. (Hopefully fewer spankings, right!) :)

We hope you all have a great week. I think we're supposed to get snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment