The time has come for Mommy to start focusing her attention on two very important goals...LOSING WEIGHT and getting enough sleep at night. I read an article a few days ago on one of those medical websites that said people who either get too much sleep or not enough are more prone to be overweight. Now, I can understand how getting TOO MUCH sleep could play in to that, but not enough??? The article went on to say that people who get more than 9 or fewer than 6 hours of sleep per night are prone to appetite-influencing hormone imbalances that cause them to feel more hungry throughout the day...thus causing them to eat more! WOW!...I never heard such a thing but I've been thinking about it and it makes perfect sense.
Ever since the girls were born my body has been in "be awake all night and sleep all day" mode...obviously from all those round-the-clock feedings. But it's weird...I get this huge boost of energy after everyone is in bed and that's when I do most of my "important" stuff. I can't seem to fall asleep without meds until at least 2 am. Then in the morning I'm a total zombie and I not only eat more to stay awake, but I take a 2-hr. nap during the day with the girls! That is SO SAD and there's no reason for me to still be napping during the day when my kids are sleeping 12 hours at night!!! So...all that to say I've decided that needs to change! Jeremy and I are getting gym memberships again and we're setting specific times during the day when we're going to commit to going. He's going to go right after work with a friend and I'm going to go as soon as my kids are in bed at 7 pm. And along with eating healthier, I'm going to try to get myself back on the sleep schedule with the rest of my family-going to bed at a decent time and NO MORE NAPS! It's actually pretty good timing since my kids are down to one nap now instead of two!
So...please pray for me. I want to be a healthy, happy, SANE mom to my kids and a wife who actually showers before her husband gets home. :) I also made a weight-loss ticker that's at the top of the blog for you all to follow my progress. My goal is to lose 70 pounds (10 per month) by January! I think it's an achievable goal if I pray and work hard. And just remember, people...7-8 hours of sleep at night, along with exercise and eating healthy is the key!! :) Give it a try!
No comments:
Post a Comment