I've made slight progress with Hannah's eating therapy. We finally had our doctor give us a referral so we can go to any pediatric occupational therapy that takes Tricare. The place we were originally referred to (Child Find) won't accept her until she's three and the issue we were having is that our doctor said they are not supposed to refuse us. Well...after the third phone call from us saying they ARE refusing us, she finally gave in. This whole thing has been frustrating to say the least. So...the place we are trying to get into now is called Kingstowne Pediatric Occupational Therapy. The only issue now is getting ahold of someone to set something up - apparently they don't have a receptionist! I called and left and message and sent an e-mail explaining our situation. I have a feeling that this may not work, only because from what I see on their website, I don't think this therapy office sends a therapist directly to your home, which is what we need. If they won't accept us then it's back to Infant & Toddler Connection. If that's the case, she won't be able to be evaluated until September. So, that's that! :)
Other than that...Jeremy is still trying to get his pracs signed off so he can get new orders, hopefully this fall. I'm getting excited and we've been having fun looking at possible options...although it's pointless because what's available now will probably be filled by the time he's ready. It's still exciting to think about though. :) The girls are keeping me on my toes as usual. Today we did flashcards of different colors and shapes while they were in the tub (thank you Grandma!) and they LOVED them. They both just sat there like, "wow...these are SO cool!!". They especially like the colors. Jeremy and I laugh at the girls and how they are just so completely different. Hannah sits so still and takes everything in and Savannah has to be talking the whole time I'm talking, and she can't sit still for anything. I already feel sorry for Savannah's Kindergarten teacher!! :) Boy is she gonna have her hands full!! Hopefully by then we will instill some discipline in the poor child. :) We love them so much!
Hope everyone is doing well. It's sad to think the summer is winding down, but fall here is so beautiful...definitely my favorite season. We're getting super excited about our trip to NY to see my family and celebrating Jeremy's birthday while we're there. I'm also hoping to get together with some girls I grew up with at church. It's so weird we're all grown up with kids of our own! It will be good to be home.
Take care everyone!










No comments:
Post a Comment