Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Trip to N.Y.

We got back from visiting my family last night. You'll have to forgive us...we were so busy having fun we didn't take very many good pictures!! I ALWAYS do that. I say I'm going to keep my camera on hand the entire time and it never happens. I actually thought I left my camera there because I had a hard time finding it on the way home! Oh well...that's how it goes unfortunately!
We left our house bright and early...about 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday. We got to my parents house around 3:00 p.m. The trip FLEW (it's about 10 hrs.) and the girls were so good. We honestly only had about 5 min. total of crying on the way there, which is a miracle when you have two two-year-olds in the back seat. We've found the earlier we leave the better they do.
So...we hung out with my parents and got settled in on Wed. night. On Thursday we let the girls relax for most of the morning/early afternoon and take their usual nap. Later we went to the park with my sister and her kids for a little while. Then that night I drove over to my sisters house alone for a get-together we planned with six other girls that we grew up with at my parent's church. It was SO fun!! One of the other girls has twins too...her's are boy/girl twins and they are almost 3 I think. She has 4 kids total!! We all just talked and LAUGHED SO HARD and had a blast talking about stupid things we did as teenagers...and about our kids, of course. Wow, time sure does fly. A lot of good memories! :)
Friday we had an open house at my parents for any family that wanted to stop in and see us. Both my parents' families live within an hour of them, so there were quite a few that came. It was wonderful to see everyone again.
Saturday we went to my parent's church picnic for about 2 hours in the afternoon. We stopped in to eat with everyone and we stayed just long enough to say hello to a few people before we headed home to get the girls a nap. That night we went to my sister's to celebrate Jeremy's b-day and to go swimming. Wow!...it was such a whirlwind trip with never a dull moment, but it was such a great time!! We are hoping to spend Christmas with my family if it works out with Jeremy's job stuff...at least that's what we're planning to do. (I think my last Christmas being home was '05!)
Here are some pictures. The girls LOVED the pool at my parents house. My sister brought it over for the kids to swim in. The other ones are just random pics from our trips to and from. I'll try to take some better ones this week and post them.
Hope everyone is well...thank you for your prayers for our safety!








































No comments:

Post a Comment