Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Few Videos & a Funny Story...

Finally after 3 hours of trying to upload these videos...here they are!!! For some reason I can't upload them to youtube or directly to the blog, so...now I know!!
(*Scroll down to the very bottom of the page to pause music to see videos better!)








I also wanted to share something funny that happened today. Not so funny at the time, but it's getting funnier! :) Around 4:30 I was wondering where Jeremy was since he's usually home by 4-ish, so I thought maybe he was on the phone in the car outside. Sometimes if he's talking to someone he finishes before coming upstairs. Anyway...I thought the girls would be fine watching their video for two seconds for me to just go right outside the door and peek down the stairs to see if he was home yet. (I just worry about him if he's late...he usually calls me). So, I went outside, took about 4 steps, didn't see Jeremy downstairs. I turned around to go back in the house and all the sudden I heard "click". And then I turned the door handle. It didn't open!!!! SAVANNAH LOCKED ME OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! I had NO keys. NO phone. NOTHING!!! I'm standing outside like, "what the heck do I do now?". I banged on the door and told her to open it but she didn't feel the need! :) There seriously were like a million things going through my head:
1.) Why did I trust a 2 yr. old to NOT lock the door behind me? Seriously!!
2.) Am I going to find a kid playing in the toilet or covered in my makeup when I finally do get in?
3.) Why did I leave the patio door and 2 windows cracked when we live on the SECOND floor and my kids KNOW how to open windows and doors and could easily fall out?!
4.) Did I leave that knife I used to cut up an apple on the counter or did I put it in the sink where they can't reach it? HOPE it's in the sink!!
5.) Should I go to the leasing office and just have them open my apartment door for $50? That's the fee for doing these stupid things!
The list goes on. But most importantly I was wondering when in the world Jeremy would be home!!! Anyway...went to the next door neighbors and asked to use their phone. Called Jeremy and said "how far from home are you?" and he said about 10 min. I said "is there any way you could make it 5?...your daughter locked me out of the house!!". He just laughed while I told him how "un-funny" it was! :)
He got home and everything was ok...Hannie was still watching Barney and Savannah was in her room playing with her baby dolls...she did get a stern talking-to about not touching the door! I am just thankful it turned out ok and you can bet I won't make that mistake again!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything turned out ok :o) Caleb did that to me once. I was down in the basement doing laundry, and when I came up the door into the house was locked! Caleb would ALWAYS get into things, so my mind was going wild with the things he must be doing, lol. Finally I got him to open it! Now we have a spare key hidden for incidents like these. Although I don't think he'll do it again if he knows what's good for him, lol. But I still have Josiah and Micah (when he gets a little older) to worry about :o)

    ReplyDelete