Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just Thankful...

Tonight was grocery night. I always look forward to getting groceries. I don't know...I think it's fun. :) Jeremy always is wonderful about watching the girls and putting them to bed while I'm gone. It takes me about 3 hours because I go to three different stores...the Commisary, Aldi's and the dollar store. Aldi's has been SUCH a blessing lately. Do any of you shop there? It's amazing how good the prices are even compared to the Commisary...and they are VERY cheap! It's neat to see the Lord provide for us with me not working. Every month we always have what we need.

I was actually thinking about that tonight...how blessed I am to be home full-time. I found this new thrift shop tonight and was browsing when I saw this lady and her 3 kids. They were getting ready to check out and the Mom was yelling at them about how she wasn't gonna pay for everything and how they were driving her nuts. I'm no perfect Mom by any means, and there are times when I know I yell too much...but I am so happy that I get to be with my kids everyday. To see them grow and learn new things. To give them kisses and hugs and to REALLY know them. Sure there are MANY things we have to do without that other families have, but I guess you just have to remember that your kids someday are not going to remember all the things they had. They're going to remember whether or not you were there for them. Makes me grateful my parents cared so much too.

Poor Jeremy had kind of a tough night with the girls. They are just into EVERYTHING. We have a cabinet under our tv for videos and board games. We put a child-lock type of thing on it but both girls can get it off in two seconds. Today I was getting lunch ready and they both got into it...four different games scattered in every direction. Not to mention beans, rice and noodles on the floor from working with Hannah. WHAT A MESS! Oh...and Jeremy also called me tonight and said, "Did Savannah get ahold of something pink today??...like a pen maybe?". I just laughed!!...I forgot to tell him Savannah got ahold of a pink gel pen this morning and drew ALL over the couch. (At least she felt bad...she went and got a tissue and started rubbing it). I didn't even have a chance to clean it I was so busy doing therapy, washing crib sheets, making my grocery list and cleaning up board games! haha! Life is pretty crazy that way lately! :) But anyway...he told me when I got home from grocery shopping that Hannah did #1 on the couch twice and Savannah took her diaper off in the livingroom and a few minutes later pointed to the floor and said "Daddy, POO-POO!". Yep. That's my girl. Welcome to my everyday life!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment