Saturday, October 4, 2008
The Mall, the Park, and Pumpkin Carving!
Here's just a little clip from the mall today. People must have started their Christmas shopping already (which is SO smart!) because the mall was mobbed today!!!
There were also a ton of booths set up where they were asking if everyone is registered to vote. I thought it was pretty cool but it's sad to see so many of them with Obama/Biden signs. Where are all the McCain/Palin supporters??? Guess they're all at our house!!! :)
After the mall we headed over to the park as usual...just to let the girls run a bit because they hardly even got out of the stroller at the mall. It was just too crazy. Here's a few pictures and a cute video.
Then after we put the girls in bed Jeremy and I decided to carve the pumpkin I bought at the farmer's market. Neither of us had carved one in years, so it was actually really fun. Jeremy even thought we should keep the seeds and bake them for eating, so he got online and found a recipe. (It's posted to the right of this post.) I'd never actually eaten pumpkin seeds before but they turned out SUPER yummy. They almost taste like potato chips...cruchy & salty. We're hoping to go to a fall festival in Winchester, VA with some friends next weekend. They have apple picking, a pumpkin patch and lots of treats so we'll see what we bring home...hopefully more pumpkins to carve. I LOVE FALL!!! :) Hope you all had a fun, relaxing Saturday!
1 comment:
Wendy
10/06/2008 11:07:00 AM
Love how you carved your name into your pumpkin!!
Reply
Delete
Replies
Reply
Add comment
Load more...
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love how you carved your name into your pumpkin!!
ReplyDelete