Ok...it's 1:45 a.m. and I was finishing up some stuff for tomorrow, and then I checked my facebook page before heading off to bed. To my utter disgust and horror I saw that a girl I knew from college posted that she and her husband aren't voting for EITHER candidate in this election!!!!! WHAT??? I had to read it twice to make sure that I ACTUALLY read it right! She wrote that either way babies are still going to be aborted so it's pretty much wrong to vote. How in the world can you come to that conclusion? Believe me...there are a few things I don't agree with McCain on too, but I just gotta say that there is a VAST difference between John McCain & Barack Obama!!!! Am I the only one who see's that?
I know I sound angry...maybe I am, but it's about time we started getting angry about the state our country is in!! I just can't believe CHRISTIANS are going to sit back and say, "Ok, Obama...go ahead and do your thing. I don't care about your socialist tax plans, don't care you're a radical liberal who is close friends with other radical liberals (both in politics and in the pulpit), and that you're a muslim. I don't care that you see absolutely NOTHING wrong with any and EVERY form of abortion, and have fought to enforce the rights of women in this regard. I don't care that you want to bring our troops home within a year and a half...before we even see victory in Iraq. This war really hasn't been worth fighting for in the first place! Bush doesn't have a clue, and we're silly for thinking that Al Keida would EVER attack us again! After all, we should learn how to be friends with them, right?".
People, we have GOT to stop thinking so foolishly!!! I feel so strongly about this because I LOVE THIS COUNTRY and this is one of the most important elections our country has faced in decades! We have the great right and priviledge of voting on November 4th. The freedom to vote in and of itself is a right that people have given their lives for. What a slap in the face to them to say it doesn't matter...or I have something more important going on...or I don't think MY vote will matter anyway!! I believe that my God is still in control regardless of what the polls say!
Please be involved in this election.
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land". -2 Chronicles 7:14
Boy I'd hate to see you angry....=) Just kidding, I totally agree with you, just had no idea you were so fired up about politics. Maybe you can teach me a few things. (So, wait, the election in THIS year?) =)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you!!!! Especially as women--just a few years back we had women being persecuted just because they thought we should have a say in who was running and what "rights" we wanted enforced upon us..just a few short years later so many ppl are sitting back and twiddling their thumbs. I don't like McCain all that much either but Sarah is awesome and like you said there is a HUGE difference between them!! Anywho...just wanted to let you know I agree ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't really care much for McCain, but after seeing the nurse testify in front of Obama on urging rights for babies that survive abortions (a lot of tears there) and, of course, voting against the babies then later claiming that he wasn't informed... made me think twice. I then got into researching all the different things, and now I will gladly vote for McCain. I think that Sarah is our modern day Esther. I hope every conservative American will vote--we have the power to change the outcome of this race--there are more of us then the liberals! VOTE!!! :)
ReplyDelete