Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pie

I found this recipe for streusel top apple pie today and decided to give it a try. I haven't tasted it yet but it smells and looks delicious. I'm always up for a pie that's easy, so thought I'd share it with you all. What better thing to do on a cold winter day than make a pie! :)


Here's the Recipe-
(Pie Filling):
1/4 C. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 lbs. apples peeled and sliced
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 refrigerated pie crust(bottom)

(Streusel Topping):
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/4 C. oatmeal
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbsp. butter

1. Combine filling ingredients and then spoon into pie crust. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
2. Combine brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, and cinnamon for topping. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Uncover pie and sprikle with topping. Bake 30 more minutes (I only did for 20) or until browned. Serve warm. Yum! :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like we actually have all the ingredients--We are going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine turned our pretty good. Yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks great! How did it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I posted your recipe on my recipe blog. It just looks so good to pass up sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed more apples, but other than that, I liked it... :) I hate chocolate so this is the first dessert that I have made this season that I'll even try :) I'll post the rocky road recipe later today! My mom made it when we were growing up.

    ReplyDelete