


Today was a pretty good day for us. Even though the girls were up late they still woke up at dawn ready to go! I wish I had their energy sometimes!! Their sleeping schedule has really been messed up since Jeremy left, poor girls. I think it's partly too because they really do need to cut back on the nap. They will sleep for 2 hours and then they aren't tired until 10 pm. Silly me...I thought that didn't happen until they were like four!! (I know some of you are laughing at me, right??) I'm still trying to cope with them only taking ONE nap per day...I'm not ready to give it up yet!! haha. :) Anyway...they had NO nap today and went to bed at 7:30. Hannah fell asleep as soon as she hit the pillow, little sweetie. She's my sleeper, that one. :) I actually had a chance to sit down and relax for the first night this week.
I talked to Jeremy a few times today. His "initiation" week is officially over and he's so excited about that! He had his uniform and room inspections this morning and they both went great. Then he had his fitness test and he had to do situps, push-ups, and he had to run 1.5 miles in 12 min. and 50 sec. He also did well on that and finished it with about half a minute to spare. He is so sore though, because they had a six-mile run earlier this week. Nothing like whippin' those poor guys into shape right off the bat! Now he's hanging out with his roommate tonight. They get along great and it's a huge answer to prayer because he was worried he might get someone younger who likes to party. But they have been doing pretty much everything in their spare time together. In fact, please pray for his roommate because he's having a tough weekend...his daughter turned 1 today and he missed it. He's pretty down - he misses her as you can imagine. Jeremy said he wanted to go bowling or something with him to help keep his mind off it. Jeremy has such a good heart...he's always thinking about other people. :)
Well, that's about it. We took a ride to Target tonight and the wind and rain were pretty bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny and clear like predicted! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend...it's flying by!
I can't believe all the things you get done in one day! You are one amazing mommy to those adorable girls! I give Alex his haircuts sometimes, but I can only do it while he is watching a movie or he would be bald. :) I hope the time while Jeremy is away is flying by for you..
ReplyDeleteOooh, naptimes!! Nathan is already beginning to taper off on his morning nap...ugh! Megan did, too, around a year. So now, I put them down pretty early for their afternoon nap. They usually eat lunch around 11. I put Nathan down around 12:15 and Megan watches the last few minutes of Dora and goes down around 12:30. They usually sleep for about 2 hours. If I'm lucky, they sleep 2 1/2!! Then, except for church nights and MIL visit nights, they are in bed at 7 - no later than 7:30! Megan is a pretty good sleeper. She will sleep 12+ hours, until 7:30, sometimes 8. Nathan, not so much! He is my early riser!! I hear him singing and playing at 5:30-6!!! I can usually doze through his shenanigans, and then give him a bottle and he'll sleep until Megan wakes up. Probably not what you want to hear...I'd still prefer they take many naps and longer quiet time for me!! :-) But, I'll take what I can get!! Especially when they both SUCCESSFULLY go down at the same time!!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Jeremy is RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!! The only way to eat chili is WITHOUT beans!!! I love a nice chunky chili...mostly tomatoes! Ben and I are die-hard Food Network watchers and we found out that original chili was never made with beans. Competition Chili is actually not allowed to have beans in it!! Seriously!! Only meat, tomatoes and seasoning!! Good for me!! :-) Although, I must admit, Ben likes the beans, but loves my beanless chili.
1 lb. ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
1 large onion, chopped (or one bag of frozen chopped onion
1 bag frozen chopped green peppers (or mixed red/green peppers)
Brown beef with onions and peppers until meat is no longer pink and onions/peppers are tender.
Add:
2 large cans crushed (I sometimes use pureed) tomatoes
1 pkg chili seasoning
Warm through...DONE!! Eat and ENJOY BEANLESS heaven!! lol :-)
Hope you are finding things to fill your time while Jeremy is away! Won't be long and maybe you'll be on your way to Alaska...silly girl!! :-)
Hi! This is a note from Tara (old fellow friends of the wiebles from peoples...
ReplyDeletewe recently moved back to fort belvoir, and just wanted to say hello!