Today I was playing with the girls in our livingroom. We were watching a video and getting into the songs...(I really love Backyardigans because I think the songs are awesome and I like how they are easy to harmonize too. Yes, I'm weird like that. I pretty much sing non-stop all day!) So anyway...we were messing around and at some point I laid on the floor in front of our couch. The couch is up against the wall so as I laid there I started looking underneath at all the junk under there. :) Yep...I'm sure you have some junk under YOUR couch too!! :) haha! As I was looking my mouth suddenly dropped and my heart started pounding because I saw the HUGEST BUG I HAVE EVER SEEN under there!! Ewwwwwwwww!! I was big. It was black. And did I mention IT WAS BIG??? I must've started saying something weird cuz Savannah stopped playing and came over to me and said, "Ok, Mom? Boo-boo?". Sweet girl. :) I said, "No, honey, I'm ok. No boo-boo". I seriously just stood there like "What do I do"??? I don't even know how to kill a bug that big, and what if it starts running away? And what if the girls see it and they start flipping out and then we're ALL flipping out? It's not like I have a hubby to call and ask to come home from work to kill it!! haha! :) So...for some weird reason I thought maybe I should go get a flashlight and shine it on the critter to get a better look at it. After all, it wasn't moving, so maybe it was dead? Then, as soon as I shined it under there I started BUSTING out laughing!...I mean seriously, on the floor laughing harder than I've laughed in a LONG time. It was NOT a bug. It was a bug flashcard! :) Yep...we've been using flashcards to teach the girls colors and shapes and somehow the one that says "black bug", with a picture of a HUGE black bug, got under the couch. WHAT A RELIEF. :) I didn't have to kill it after all. Yikes. I need to chill out, huh?
That story made my day!!! Hilarious!!! =)
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for making me smile :)
ReplyDelete