We're back...temporarily, anyway! :) Hope you all have been doing well. We are officially moved into our house (as of this past Friday) and we're working on getting things unpacked and situated. It's strange to see your furniture and decor in new places, but we are so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with such a nice place to live. Honestly...I didn't have very high hopes for our price range, but the Lord worked it out and we are truly grateful. It was ALL Him!
I'm sorry there are no pictures in this post...things have been too crazy to even get a free second to take pictures. We have a few more days of the insanity and hopefully we can get some up. We are really enjoying the area and have met two different neighbors. The lady right next to us is very nice...we chatted with her over the fence the other night. She's an older lady and lives alone. She shared some info with us about how to get our yard looking better...the people before us didn't care for it at all! Poor grass...it's looking pretty bad! :( We bought some grass seed and we're hoping to get some fertilizer soon so we can get it down. Spring is coming!! Then some of our other neighbors came over too, to welcome us. They are a young couple about our age and they are also Coast Guard! What are the odds??? He is stationed in Elizabeth City. They don't have any kids but they seem really nice and they told us if we EVER need anything to please come over. Wow...such a change from D.C.! Our neighbors would barely look at us there! Not missing it quite yet! :)
The girls are doing well and they love having a yard and a bigger house to run through. Their room is about the same size as our apartment, but they aren't in it too much, so they dont' seem to care. They've been very good for us over the last few weeks...I'm very proud of them. They are very well-behaved girls. I take no real credit for that either...they were born with very mild temperaments. :) It takes a lot to make them upset! :) Hannie has been without therapy for a few weeks now but once Jeremy reports to work on Tuesday he will get us set up with our medical. Therapy is at the top of the list...we need to get it going. It seems like everyday is something right now...today I had to get my license changed from VA to NC and I had to take the written drivers test. I went to do that this morning and boy, it was one difficult thing after another!! I gave the lady my proof of insurance and she was like, "where's your name?". I was thinking "you've got to be kidding me, right?". Not good. Not good at all. So...had to call our insurance and have them fax a copy WITH my name over to the DMV. Then when the lady asked me for the $32 fee I assumed they would take debit cards. Well, they don't. So, I ran over to the local gas station to get money out of the ATM. Yikes! She was probably glad when I was done and outta there!!! We also got the van registered today and that was a whole 'nother ordeal, but I'll save that for another day. Let's just say we've only been here for 5 days and we're already making some funny memories!!
This has been a book so I'll wrap it up. Just wanted to let you all know we ARE still alive and doing well. We will be in touch more when our lives settle down a little. It seems like some days I don't have the strength to get out of bed. It's been a long 2 1/2 mos. for me, but the Lord is getting us through and reminding us we can't do it alone. Pictures coming soon, I PROMISE!! Those babies sure are growing up on us...
Have a great week everyone! :)
I was wondering where you were! I had no idea ya'll moved this soon! Glad to hear everything is going well down there!
ReplyDeleteYeah!! Nice to read about how things are going for you. So happy that it all worked out for you.
ReplyDelete