
I apologize for not posting an update yesterday like I said I was going to. The days just seem to pass me by and I have so many things I want to so but they just never get done!!!
It has been a busy couple weeks for us. Our Pastor and his family went on a much-deserved 2 week vacation to CA with their 4 kids (bless their hearts!!) and asked Jeremy to lead the singing while he was away. He only had to do this past Sunday because the previous week the special speaker was musical so he took care of it himself. Jeremy asked me if I would play the piano for him because he was a little nervous about leading for the first time. We figured if I was playing we could go over to the church and practice a few times before the "big day". :) Everything went well - Jeremy did a fabulous job (I wasn't surprised!) and it was just neat to get to use our talents again. It's been a long time.
We also experienced some van problems this past week and I just wanted to say the Lord was very good to us. We thought something major was going on with the right front end of our van. It was making a horrible knocking sound when we would break. We were both stressing out because not only did we not have the money to fix anything, but we were also just not sure what it was that was wrong!! That is a very frustrating feeling!! Jeremy finally found a blog online where people list their car problems and found a post where someone else had almost the exact same description of what our car was doing. The guy wrote that sometimes the bolts on the caliper come loose causing the knocking sound we were hearing. Turns out Jeremy's boss is very knowledgeable about cars and he and Jeremy took the wheel off of the van and saw that the caliper bolt wasn't just loose, but it was missing all together. So, all Jeremy had to do was pick up a $15 kit with a new bolt and voila - it was fixed!! :) Jeremy said he hadn't prayed that hard in a long time...I guess we need those tough things to remind us to get on our knees more often!
Savannah has been keeping me on my toes...Jeremy and I have been commenting to each other lately that she really is not a baby anymore. She is quite mature and grown up! :) - at least she thinks so. We are always telling her to stop tipping her chair back at the dinner table. I think she does it without thinking...but, the other night Jeremy and I were talking and he started tipping his chair back too. Well...Savannah started shaking her head and said, "No no, Dad. You're gonna fall!". :) We could not stop laughing...it was pretty cute. :) Always watching us that's for sure!!!
Hannah has started saying a couple new words. She definitely calls me "Mom" now...whereas before it was more baby-talk-ish, "mamama". She also says cookie, ok, and says bye-bye and waves now. It may not seem like a big deal but it really is. She is understanding so much more now. I'm just thankful to see that therapy is benefitting her even if it's a slow process. Tomorrow our Thursday therapist, Candy, is coming over to focus on some of her eating issues. I'm hoping she gives me some new things to work on with that. Hannah really enjoys therapy for the most part too, so that's a huge answer to prayer in and of itself. We still miss Sasha, though!! :)
I am doing good...keeping busy, obviously!! I will start working here in a couple weeks so I'm excited about that! I'm really hoping that within the next few months we (or I alone) will be able to get home to see my family. My brother and sister both had babies this spring that I still haven't gotten to see, so that's been tough. I'm just praying something will work out! :)
Well...it's almost 12:30 and I have LOTS to do before I hit the hay. (That's what we say up north!) :) I'll try to post again soon. Just don't know when. If nothing else I will try to post pictures every few days. Got some good ones tonight for you all!
Take care - have a great weekend!!
P.S. - Please pray for Jeremy. He's going out of town next week for 4 days for training. He leaves Sunday afternoon so please just pray for safety for him as he travels up to Yorktown.





No comments:
Post a Comment