
Jeremy got to Kansas safely! His flight left around 10:00 this morning and he called me around 12:30 to say they had just landed in Topeka. He went with one other guy from work that is also a Yeoman. He said the hotel is very nice and they are also enjoying the rental SUV. (Jeremy and I LOVE SUV's and have always wanted one! I guess he gets to pretend for a week until he has to come home to the minivan!!) :) Other than that he said there isn't much to do there...Kansas is basically corn fields. I guess I thought there would be some cool things to see, but...maybe they'll find something to do tomorrow after their classes. I told him not to do school work the WHOLE trip!
Tonight I took the girls to the store with me before bed to get some milk. Now I remember why I don't take them both with me grocery shopping! They are always very well-behaved for me, but it's hard getting them in and out of the car and then carrying them both up a huge flight of stairs! I'm sure the neighbors were laughing at me with a diaper bag and a purse thrown over my shoulder and a baby in each arm! I'd let them walk but if you know anything about my kids...well, we'd be in trouble! They are still in that *running away from me* phase! I definitely appreciate Jeremy being willing to let me go shopping alone. I am going to miss that this week!!! Well...I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep in my oh-so-empty bed! :( Have a great week everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment