Wednesday, June 4, 2008

18 Month Appointment

The girls saw Dr. Jude this morning. They are actually 19 mos. but we were a little late getting there. The girls are doing great! Hannah is 24 1/2 pounds and is 34 1/2 inches tall (still in the 100% for their height!). Savannah is just slightly smaller at 23 pounds and 34 inches tall.

We talked about Hannah's eating issues again...that she still doesn't eat any "big girl" foods and still just wants the pureed food. Dr. Jude said she thinks it's time Hannah had some eating therapy, so we are going to have a therapist come about once a week (or more once they evaluate her) and we'll go from there. I am honestly SO relieved because I know it's time we went to the next level. Forcing her gets her very angry and upset, so I'm really excited that we'll have someone working one-on-one with her. We also talked to Dr. Jude about the fact that Hannah isn't saying very many words yet. She said that really we probably notice it more because Savannah is VERY advanced for her age. She can probably say over 20 words now. She said to just keep reading to her and teaching her body parts, saying letters and numbers, etc. The more she hears it the more she'll want to start saying it. The doc also said that when the therapist comes for her eating therapy they will probably assess her total development and if they think she's overly behind for her age as far as speaking goes, they'll do therapy for that too, but she said she doesn't think it's an issue right now. Some kids just talk later and we think Hannie is taking her sweet time. :) Other than that...she said everything looks wonderful with the girls. Their weights are on the lower end, but it's because they're so tall. They were supposed to get their third Hib vaccine today, but they were out of it, (yay!) so the girls will get it at their two-year well-baby visit.

As far as my appointment goes...I called this morning and talked to one of the surgeons. I explained that the growth has pretty much gone away and I asked if we really need to come in if it's not bothering me. He said I didn't have to...they told me at my consult that it looked benign so they aren't worried about it. He said if it starts bothering me again to just make another appoinment to come in.

Welp...I think that's it! Have a good day everybody. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was good news all-around.... hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah sounds like one smart little girl--Make her sister do all the work :)

    ReplyDelete