Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friends, Fevers, and a Few New Things

Okay, so it's been a while since I last blogged and LOTS has happened, so please bear with me! Our 4th of July was kind of a bummer this year. We got COMPLETELY rained out...literally poured from morning until dark. We were hoping to maybe try to go see fireworks with the girls somewhere besides the National Mall, but it was out of the question. We just hung out at home and spent some family time together. It was nice to have Jeremy home.


This past Monday-Wednesday we had company! :) Our friends Eric & Sarah came to visit. Eric and I went to the same elementary school together, K-5th grade. We have a lot of fun re-living the memories! Eric and I got in touch via internet last year and he & Sarah already visited us once last summer. They have a little boy, Joel who is 3 DAYS (how ironic is that?) older than the girls. Very weird to think about. They had a great time playing together, and Sarah is so sweet and lots of fun to talk to. We had a good time. Here's a few pictures. (The first 2 are of their family that they took back home. I forgot to take some of them...we just took kid pics!)








After having company we just took a day to relax and bum around. Hannie has had a low-grade fever since last night. If she still has it tomorrow I'm going to try to take her in to see the doc. That should be fun with Jeremy not getting home until 5:00! We'll see. Pray for her...she was not her normal self today! :( She wasn't crabby or anything, but I could just tell she was feelin' yucky.

My girls are getting taller everyday!


Her new favorite way to drink juice...weirdo!


We went to Target last night to get a few needed things. We have a lot of fun when we go out all four of us because usually when we split up we each take a cart with a baby and go browse. It kinda gives us some one-on-one time with them. Usually I'm the "softy" and am always trying to get Daddy to buy them a toy, but last night it was Daddy's idea to get a new big ball for them to play with. They had a big beach ball they loved, but it got a hole and we tossed it. They were really excited, but the truth about twins is that you really DO need 2 of everything or they fight over it! The whole way home they fought! Good times...







I also bought the girls a few new toys last week. It's hard cuz they are really growing out of their "baby" toys and they get bored so fast. We got this little truck for really cheap and they love it. It plays music and has a little storage compartment under the seat.

And this toy...the Aquadoodle!! This is the COOLEST toy for their age. It is a mat that you can draw on with a water-filled pen. GENIOUS, I tell you! I don't have to worry about them running all over the house with markers or crayons...this is the best. They really seem to love it...and I'll even admit that it's fun to practice cursive on! :) (I'm psycho, I know.)

The Aquadoodle is cool too for when you're thirsty and Mom doesn't know it!

And a new Whinnie the Pooh phone

Welp, that about sums up our life for the past week. I'm very tired and hoping that Hannah's fever goes away. I'll update on how she's doing tomorrow. Wow...tomorrow is FRIDAY! Happy weekend everybody! :)

1 comment:

  1. Caleb used to suck all the water out of our AquaDoodle pen too :o) I was constantly refilling it, and it took me awhile to figure out where all the water was going, lol.

    ReplyDelete