Today we decided to take a day off and just snuggle up and stay cozy together indoors. I think it's the first day since Jeremy left we haven't gone somewhere.




To give a little update on how things are going with Jeremy...please pray for us. It's going to be a long weekend while we wait to find out Jeremy's orders. He will hopefully know by Tuesday...that's what they told him to expect anyway. It was kind of an emotional day for me because I'm just so tired of waiting...and tired of being told one thing and in within a day (or sometimes an hour!) it changes. I'll be honest...I had no idea what military life would be like before I married Jeremy. I didn't think it would be easy by any means, and I know there are plenty of great things about it. But the past few months it's been frustrating to say the least. It's something that's hard to explain unless you've been there...please just pray for us!!Pray that we will have patience with the CG and with each other, and pray that we will not have a bad attitude about where we have to go next. Thanks guys!
I also wanted to give a little Hannah therapy update...she's doing awesome! :) Today when Sasha came she brought an orange, a grapefruit, and a plum tomato. Hannah grabbed the tomato out of the bag and held it and licked it. This is really good progress!! Just a few weeks ago she wouldn't even touch it and now she's putting it and other foods in her mouth! One step closer to eating!! She also sat and did a puzzle with me and that's what we're working on this week - sitting at the table and doing a specific activity. She's doing really well with it. Sasha told me today that she really is a completely different kid than she remembers the first time she came to our house for therapy. It's hard for me to remember...but I believe her. :) Jeremy and I are both really impressed with how far she's come in just a couple months. Sasha and I talked about what we should do as far as therapy when we move and she said that it depends what state we go to, but that we should really push for her to have occupational therapy (for the eating issues) and also speech therapy...and for them to be separate. She is supposed to be getting both now, but VA has absolutely no money for therapy programs so say a child needs occupational, physical and speech - they get ONE one-hour session per week for all three issues. It CAN'T be done!!! So, hopefully we we get sent to a state that has more therapy programs - Sasha said that in some states you can get therapy every day in your home. That would be AWESOME for Hannah!! The more we work with her the better, so...please pray for that too. :)
This is so long. I think I'm going to call it a day and go watch a movie! We will update again soon and let you all know what's going on and where we'll be headed to SOON! :) Have a great weekend...stay warm!!
Jon looked at the DC weather today as he packed to go there tomorrow. It is a little crazy. It was in the 70s today in San Francisco, and to have to go to DC--not fun!
ReplyDeleteLoL--you sure you want to go to Alaska after all ;) Just teasing!! Part of me is happy about going back to the nice warm NC temperatures. And super cute layout by the way.
ReplyDeleteAs I've said before--I am one person who can TOTALLY relate to what you're going through now and I also agree that it's NO FUN!! Ugg....but hang in there! God worked out everything for us and I'm sure He will for you too. And just know where ever you get is right where He wants you to be for one reason or another!! Hope they maybe decide to tell him tomorrow instead...the waiting is most definately the hardest part!!!