Monday, August 17, 2009

New & exciting things...

Well the summer is quickly coming to a close (thank goodness for cooler weather on it's way soon!!) and it has completely flown by! We are reading of all the kids headed back to school...didn't they JUST get out? I guess the summer flies by even when you're not in school anymore. Who knew? :)

We are gearing up for some big changes and I'm excited! I offically start my new job as our church secretary tomorrow. The church so graciously provided a cell phone and laptop for me to do everything from home. I'll be answering the church phone from
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on weekdays, and then I'll be doing the rest of my work in the evenings after the girls are in bed. I know I've said this a million times, but we are just thanking God for this opportunity to make some extra money, and yet serve God and our church people in this way. It's really amazing to look back and see why God had me study office administration in school...it was so I would be prepared for this ministry. I think it's pretty sweet. :) Oh...and I love being able to still be a full-time Mommy. Not everyone is so blessed.

Jeremy will be starting his last two classes to finish up his Bachelors (Criminal Justice) here in a couple weeks. I'm so proud of him for sticking with this and getting it done. I know it will be a huge asset to him and he will never regret the hard work. He is even considering getting his masters degree in the future but we will cross that bridge later. :)

Another thing I wanted to mention is that Hannah has been showing some more great improvements! We have been working hard on her eating and she is coming along very well for the amount of time we've been working with these new therapist's. She has also been repeating words quite a bit. Tonight I said, "Hannah, can you give me a hug?"...and she said "hug" and then squeezed me really tight. :) I also said "no touch" tonight and she repeated "touch". It's wonderful to see her really understanding things more and more each day. Tonight I had to run to the dollar store and I found a set of little baby dolls that was on sale for $1.50. I gave it to the girls to play with and surprisingly Hannah really enjoyed them and she was playing "appropriately"...which means she actually knew what to do with them and didn't put them in her mouth (at all!!). Jeremy was cracking up at her walking all over the house pretending her baby doll was walking on things. :) I'm so thankful that we are seeing her learn new things and changing every day. I'm so encouraged by her therapists - I have asked them how they feel Hannah is doing and I get nothing but great feedback. They are seeing so much improvement with her eye contact, listening skills, copying skills, and also concentrating on a specific task for a length of time. Hannah will sit for 30 min. with Lisa (our Monday therapist) and focus on books, puzzles, and toys. This is huge for her. That was a very difficult thing for her to do just 3 months ago. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for her. We are definitely seeing the results!

Savannah is going through some major changes too. I wish I could say they were good ones...but she is at that age where she is testing the boundaries and trying to be her own independant little person. It's tough for us as parents because we do want to be careful not to break her spirit. She has a very sweet one. :) But she is a very strong-willed girl and she has needed an awful lot of discipline lately. It's crazy how disrespectful a 2 yr. old can be sometimes! And I don't say that to be mean...she's a great kid. We love her to pieces. She just needs direction and limits and we just have to remember that all parents go through these challenging times. Isn't it crazy to think that there are people that actually believe people are born without sin? Maybe they need to spend a few minutes with a toddler! Anyway...just pray for us. We need wisdom to be the kind of parents we should be.

That's all I can think of right now. I should probably get to bed - tomorrow is going to be a long day with therapy and then secretary training. :) We are well and happy and lots to be thankful for.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! I promise I'll post some pictures very soon!

P.S. ~ Click on the link to the right to check out our church website! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment