Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pet for a Day

Jeremy is in the process of taking a hunter's safety course here in our town. Apparently last night a little kitten climbed up into the van and he unknowingly brought it home! It's been hanging around our house all day long so I called animal control to come get it. It's SO cute. :) I wanted to let it in the house really bad(it was clawing and meowing at us through the glass all day) but I don't know where the critter came from so touching it was not a good idea. Anyway...a lady from animal control came today but she couldn't catch it so she left a trap. Sure enough the kitten was hungry so we had it caught about 15 min. later! The only frustrating thing is that animal control closed so now we're stuck with it until the morning. Poor thing looks so pitiful and I feel so bad it's been stuck in that little cage for the past 6 hours! :( The Mommy in me wants to help it but I just can't. The last thing I want is to have to go get a rabies shot. Not fun...I've heard stories before so I know better now. :) Cute does not = safe! The girls had fun seeing it today though...Hannah was even saying "meow!". :)

This is Jeremy trying to get it out of the van this morning...he was late!


Gave it some tuna fish and it was happy!


Poor thing wanted to come in the house SO bad!


Looking at the kitty...


And this was us trying to be nice and let the poor thing sleep in our entryway tonight but it wouldn't stop crying so out it went!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment