
In the famous words of my dear, sweet child, Savannah..."Oh. My. Goodness." - I can't believe I haven't posted anything in an entire month! My apologies!! If it makes any difference, it really has been a complete whirlwind. I don't even know where September went. This will be a quick re-cap and I'm sorry for only posting a few pictures. Haven't hardly had time to take any!
Some things that have happened since my last post...Jeremy had to go up to Yorktown for training again and that went well. It was for about 5 days...nothing too hard to handle. And I did get to have the van for the week this time, which always helps. :) Savannah talked a lot about "my Daddy" when he was gone because she missed him. (She told me today she loves him more than me. This doesn't bother me because I know it's not true! :) Every kid REALLY loves Mommy more, right??) I got to go pick him up at the end of the week and we were able to spend some much-needed alone time together for the majority of the day. (Thanks to my awesome friends!!) He took me to Chipotle for lunch...that was one of our favorite places to eat back in D.C. We sure to miss living closer to the good food. We had a great day together. :)
I threw a baby shower (along with the help of some wonderful church ladies) for my good church friend, Camille. She is having baby #2 (a girl - Abigail) any day now.
Their oldest is Faith, she just turned 1 this summer, so they're gonna have their hands full for sure! :) I keep telling her how fun 2 is gonna be though...she'll love it. :) (Oh...funny story. I had to go up to Chesapeake to buy baby shower decorations. I took Hannie & Savannie with me to Party City and completely forgot this is Halloween season!! There were HUGE, SCARY monsters everywhere (Hannah couldn't stand the creepy music...hands over ears the entire time) and poor Savannah would hardly let go of my shirt. She kept saying "No, Mommy...I don't wanna go down that aisle!" (the one with the huge monster hanging from the ceiling at the end) To this day...everytime we take her shopping she says "No monsters, right??". The poor kid is scarred for life!)
Let's see...what else. It's hard to think at 1 a.m. :) Um...oh yeah. We had a lot of events going on at church, but the main thing was our town's annual Peanut Festival Parade. Our Pastor and a few of the other men build a HUGE ship (on a float of course) to represent our church in the parade. I couldn't go but Jeremy went and
we were able to hand out a ton of tracks to people in our community. We have had about 20 visitors since then, so it was worth it.
Now Jeremy is getting ready for hunting season. It starts this weekend. He was able to put his stand up today with his friend, Chris. (Camille's hubby...they are good friends with us) They're gonna be huntin' buddies this year and they both are very ready to get out there and start killing them deer. :) Jeremy's really excited and I'm glad he has something fun to do this year.
I have been busy with Christmas shopping (early...woohoo!) and I've also been reading two books that I'm super excited about - Glenn Beck's "Arguing w/ Idiots" & Michelle Malkin's "Culture of Corruption". I will let you know how they are when I'm done, but so far...awesome. :)
Now on to the birthday planning. Can't believe these kidos are gonna be 3 in just 3 1/2 weeks!!! I knew it was gonna creep up on me again. It does that every year! :)
Hope everyone is doing well! I PROMISE I will try to do better with the updates!
P.S. ~ For an update on Hannie please keep reading to next post! Thanks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment