Last night our church put on a Valentines Banquet and we had been looking forward to it for weeks because no kids were allowed! :) I was hoping to find something new and pretty to wear...but after a couple hours of searching I gave up and decided to buy Jeremy a tie that matched an outfit I already had. He looked soooo handsome. :)
It had been a hectic day for both of us...Jeremy had work and I had so much cleaning and shopping to catch up on from not feeling well this past week. We were rushed trying to get the kids out the door and everything set for the sitters at church, so neither of us were really "in the mood" for a date.
It was time to leave, and Jeremy said he was going to take the girls out to the car while I finished getting dressed. (This is how it always goes when we go somewhere...we have it down let me tell ya!) Anyway...I was grabbing everything I needed and headed for the door, when the doorbell rang. My stomach kinda dropped because we have new neighbors that just moved in on Thursday and I thought they might be coming over to say hi...bad timing!!! So I anxiously opened the door to find the most amazing guy EVER standing there in his black suit with a dozen red roses. He said, "Hey Babe...ready for our date tonight?"...just like when he would come pick me up at my dorm when we were in college. I can't even tell you how romantic it was. For about 5 seconds I felt like we were in college again. Almost brought tears to my eyes.

It's amazing the little things that mean so much.
Thank you, Honey for making it such a special night. I'm pretty sure I was the only girl there that was given flowers...and I'm positive I was with the handsomest guy there.
Love you, Jeremy. Happy Valentines Day! xoxo
AWWW! That is so sweet!!!!!!!!!! Oh those lovely college! They seem so long ago... hope ya'll have a wonderful Valentines together!
ReplyDelete